Location, Location, Location
An Analysis and Visualization of Pennsylvania Ballet Ticket Sales
| Kwasi Agyemang • ||email@example.com || • The Cooperstown Graduate Program |
|Christine Geeng • ||firstname.lastname@example.org|| • Cornell University |
Goal: Using analysis of the role of geographical and seating locations in Pennsylvania Ballet’s ticket sales, determine who is the best audience for Pennsylvania Ballet.
strives to maintain and nurture a financially sound ballet company that presents the finest in artistry and performance to the widest possible audience.
- 82% American households decreased cultural participation because of reduced budgets.
- Average Americans spend 43% of their leisure time watching TVs, and only 15% on cultural participation.
generates the highest total ticket revenue.
, some out-of-state audiences have a unique preference for performances as computed by highest median revenue:
- Delaware • 1314 Ruth Chris Dinner - $300
- Indiana • A 50th Finale - $2695.50 | Serenade & Other Dances - $2695.50
- Washington • Press Play - $442.35
- North Carolina • A Tribute to Jerome Robbins - $492.50
- New Hampshire • Swan Lake - $791
- Maryland • Kelgwin, Fonte & Forsythe - $745.55
- Texas • The Nutcracker - $44,109.80
- Hawaii • Nutcracker Tea - $1,318.50 | Doubletree | Nutcracker Tea - $2,106.00
- Illinois • Coppélia - $611.60
- New York • Coppélia Children Party - $579.60
- Massachusetts • Fonte & Forsythe - $4,072.74
Where Is the Audience Coming From?
Total Ticket Revenue By Performances
International data was marginal and has been excluded. Not normalized for the two different theaters.
Where Is the Best Spot In The Theater?
Total Ticket Revenue By Seating Locations
Data labeled “Curtain Pass” and “General Admission” was excluded. “Orchestra” was combined with “Parquet”.
Mining the ticket sales tells us:
- Balcony seats have seen 82% increase in revenue from 2013 to 2014.
- Accessible increased by 300%.
- Parquet circle decreased by 60%.
Revenue generated as of May 2015:
- 60% from parquet
- 15% from balcony
- 12% from parquet box
Sell live broadcasting tickets
Improve social media & mobile engagement
- $6,556.6 first year, including equipment installation
- $120 per live stream to 200 people for a 90-min show
- $37,800 annually
- Klout to schedule social media posts
- Travelsee to understand your online audience in real time
- Include live streaming, donation, and performance clips in
- Embed AppAnalytics in PAB Ballet app for user analytics